- 1 Head (2 cups) fresh cauliflower (can use 16-20 oz. bag frozen)
- 3 tbs. low fat milk (can use soy or almond milk)
- 2 tbs. low fat sour cream
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Fresh ground pepper as desired
- ½ cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 strips of cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- Snipped chives or green onion as desired
- Remove the core from the head of cauliflower and separate the cauliflower into florets and set aside.
- In a medium to large pot over high heat, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower to the pot, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook the cauliflower for 12 to 15 minutes, until tender and able to be mashed with a fork or potato masher.
- Drain the cauliflower into a colander. Let sit until all the water is drained, using paper towels to squeeze out and remove any excess.
- In the same pot used to steam the cauliflower, add the milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add the sour cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove the pot from heat and add cooked cauliflower. Mash the cauliflower into the milk mixture with a fork or a potato masher until it looks like “mashed potatoes.”
- Add ¼ cup shredded cheddar & crumbled turkey bacon to the cauliflower mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese & chives or chopped green onions.