- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup frozen green beans or edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (to taste), minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rinse quinoa in several changes of water (this is key to avoid the bitter taste)
- Bring the 2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add quinoa.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and continue to cook until all water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Combine the cooled, cooked quinoa, dried cranberries, green beans or edamame, walnuts and green onion until mixed well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and garlic until well-blended. Pour over the quinoa mixture. Toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.